The Canadian Quilters Association/Association canadienne de la courtepointe is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director who will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization. This is a part time position of approximately 20 hours per week, working with a volunteer board of directors, one staff person and several contractors. Compensation will be competitive.
The Canadian Quilting Association/Association canadienne de la courtepointe (CQA/ACC) (www.canadianquilter.com) is a national not for profit organization that promotes excellence in quilts and quiltmaking and fosters a climate of sharing among Canadian quilt makers and enthusiasts.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES
· Marketing and/or Business degree and experience with a Not for Profit Board of Directors.
· Knowledge of administrative procedures and legal requirements for a not for profit organization.
· Communication skills
· Advanced Computer and Website skills.
· Ability to develop, plan and implement Projects and Strategic Goals.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member
· Experience in budgetary and human resource management.
· Operates in a timely, objective and transparent manner.
· Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills.
· Good interpersonal and team management skills.
· Understanding the quilting scene in Canada and its trends is an asset.
To inquire about this position and for the full job description contact the President at email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2016.