The Canadian Quilters Association/Association canadienne de la courtepointe is seeking an individual to plan and coordinate the Quilt Canada 2016 conference in a major centre in Ontario. This will be a part time position beginning on the date of signing the contract and ending on the date of submitting final reports after the 2016 conference, no later than 30 days post conference. The contract will be renewable annually on approval of both parties. Compensation to be negotiated.
· Experience organizing events of this type or similar events
· working knowledge of computer software - esp. Word and Excel
· demonstrate oral and written communication skills
· demonstrated marketing skills
· demonstrated negotiating skills
· demonstrated leadership skills and ablility to work as part of a team
To perform this role successfully, an individual:
· Must be proactive, logical, efficient and be able to multi-task.
· Must be well organized, have effective time management skills and able to work within established timelines.
To inquire about this position contact the President at firstname.lastname@example.org